Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Random Thoughts

Okay, so I was walking along today and thought of how I was spending my time. As it turns out, I was coming back after attempting to do some service, but was sent away, due to my clothing choice (or lack thereof (I'm just kidding.)) Anyways, so I got to thinking about how I spend my time and how one way of spending my time may be better than another, and why. In this case, I decided to use money gain as the determining value. This of course hardly covers much of the worthiness of one's time, but give me a break.

Anyways, so I was thinking that when you spend your time sitting around and doing nothing, you are not profiting. This would cover doing service, or socially beneficial things of the sort that do not have any actual measurable gain, which is a shortcoming of the graph.

If you happen to not be doing anything with your time but gaining money for doing nothing, then congratulations, everyone hates you. This situation would render a person rich for nothing, the wish that every person still hopelessly binds to.

If, perhaps, you find yourself putting forth your time towards earning money, and succeeding, then you have put yourself in a valiant position. You are the working force.

Rankings?
I would put service, even though it profits the person nothing but uses their time, at number one best use of time (because I'm a sucker for the sentimental things.) Next goes the infinitely efficient money for nothing, followed closely by working for money. Putting forth time and effort and receiving no reward is like seventh or something, because it is an uber waste of time.

So, this post made little sense, and if it did make sense, then it probably wasn't very worthwhile sense, meaning you've just earned yourself a spot in the seventh place of my ranking system for wasting your time and gaining yourself zero profit. I, on the other hand, have been practicing my writing and persuasion skills, I win a spot at number three. Booyah.

Exciting news is coming soon, so look out.

No comments: